Number of death rises to 14 in Mumbai building collapse, rescue operations continue overnight

The death toll in the Mumbai building collapse has reached 14, the NDRF said on Wednesday morning even as the rescue and search operation continued through the night.

NDRF: Death toll rises to 14 in the Kesarbhai building collapse incident,” tweeted ANI on Wednesday morning.

This is a second such collapse around Mumbai in less than ten days.

NDRF battalion PRO, meanwhile, told PTI that the search and rescue operation continued the whole night and was still on.

He said, “It will go on till the last piece of rubble is not removed from the spot.”

The official said his team members had been told that there were few customers at an eatery situated in the ground floor and no one knew the exact numbers. “So our job is still left to rescue those men,” he said.

Mumbai fire brigade chief P S Rahangdale said two kids, one aged between six-eight and the other aged about four, were rescued from under the debris by the firefighters.

http://

“Both kids were sent to Sir JJ hospital in 108 Ambulance, but they were declared dead,” Rahangdale said, adding one fireman was also injured in the line of duty.

 

 

 

GSTVના લેટેસ્ટ News અને Videos માટે લાઈક કરો Youtube Twitter