The National Human Rights Commission, in a bizarre case of death due to electrocution of a dix-year-old girl in a Coimbatore Power Loom godown in Tamil Nadu, has concluded, on the basis of material on record, that she was the daughter of a bonded labour couple.
She was apparently forced to stay back in the factory premises as a security for his parents, when they went to visit their elder daughter in the village.
The girl got electrocuted as soon as she touched the fence around the Power Loom godown running on illegal electricity connection.
Accordingly, it has issued a notice to the Tamil Nadu government through its Chief Secretary to show cause, within six weeks, why a relief of Rs three lakh should not be recommended to be paid to next of kin of the deceased.
Further, the District Magistrate Coimbatore has been directed to declare the parents of the victim as bonded labourers and issue their release certificates