Death toll climbs to 361 due to Coronavirus in China, 17,200 confirmed cases

The death toll reached to 361 due to coronavirus. while confirmed caes climbed to 17,205 on Monday.

China’s National Health Commission said that 2,829 new cases of coronavirus were reported nationwide on February 2, taking the total number of infection to 17,205.

The death toll climbed to 361 with 57 deaths reported on Sunday. Among Sunday’s deaths, 56 were reported from Hubei Province, the epicentre of the virus outbreak, and one from southwest China’s Chongqing. Total 5,173 new suspected cases were reported on Sunday. The overall confirmed cases on the Chinese mainland reached 17,205 by the end of Sunday.

Also on Sunday, 186 patients became seriously ill, and 147 people were discharged from hospital after recovery.

The commission said 2,296 patients remained in severe condition and 21,558 people were suspected of being infected with the virus. A total of 475 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery.

The commission said 1,89,583 close contacts had been traced, adding that among them, 10,055 were discharged from medical observation on Sunday, with 1,52,700 others still under medical observation. By the end of Sunday, 15 confirmed cases had been reported in Hong Kong and eight in the Macao SAR and 10 in Taiwan it said.

Meanwhile, China is set to open a 1000-bed makeshift hospital built in record 10 days at Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus outbreak in central China’s Hubei Province. Another 2,300-bed makeshift hospital would be opened on Wednesday adjacent to it. A total of 1,400 medical staff from the armed forces are tasked with treating patients in Huoshenshan Hospital starting from Monday.

GSTVના લેટેસ્ટ News અને Videos માટે લાઈક કરો Youtube Twitter