50 students hospitalized after consuming ‘prasad’ at Jharkhand school, probe initiated

After consuming ‘prasad’ at a school in Jharkhand’s Lohardaga as many as 50 students fell ill . The incident took place on Sunday. It is a case of food poisoning, the doctor said adding that some of the students are in a critical condition. A case has been registered and an investigation has been initiated into the matter.

The students of the school at Ita village in the age group of 6-7 year had ‘prasad’ after Saraswati puja.

According to Dr Kumar, the children of the school started vomiting after taking ‘bundi’ and have been admitted to the Sadar hospital.

“40 children have come here till now, one or two are in critical condition. It is a case of food poisoning, we are treating them accordingly,” Doctor SS Khalid, Sadar Hospital said, later hospitalized students number reached to 50.

District Education Officer, Lohardaga, Ratan Mahwar said. “The administration is investigating, we will take action against whoever is found guilty. We will get the food sample examined to ascertain the cause.”

GSTVના લેટેસ્ટ News અને Videos માટે લાઈક કરો Youtube Twitter